Small and glorious... we have here a 113 year old copy of Le Petit Chose by Alphonse Daudet, printed in French (intriguingly with a German foreword) in 1902, with typical art nouveau styling on the front cover... which does show signs of age through discolouration... however this little treasure is in overall intact condition with no missing or torn pages.
Le Petit Chose was written in 1868 and is an autobiographical memoir by French author Alphonse Daudet.
Taking its title from the author's nickname, which in English translates as ‘Little good-for-nothing’, it recounts Daudet's early years from childhood, through boarding school and finally to Paris and his first successes as an author. It was Daudet's first published, though not first written, work.
Brilliant collector’s item. This book is widely available but not as a copy over 110 years old, printed in its original language, and especially not with the first few pages in German!!
We thank you for your prompt completion of checkout and payment with PayPal following purchase!
All items are sent with an individual tracking number that you can trace online. Postage costs includes all packaging, handling and Australia Post charges and is based on parameters set for parcel post on the Australia Post website. We NEVER charge more than what it actually costs us to prepare and send your item.
International postage from Australia is different for every country - this is why we ask that you contact us for the correct cost before purchase.
Pick up from Magill in South Australia – postcode 5072 – is warmly welcomed and encouraged, that way, you don’t have to pay for postage OR wait for your item. Pick ups within 48 hours of making payment are preferred unless prior arrangements are made.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
All items are packed with extreme care and attention to safe transport. Refunds will only be made if the item is damaged in transit and photographic evidence of this is provided.
Please note changes as at January 2016 to Australia Post pricing and postage frequencies - full details are available at:
Information We Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information if you contact us directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
• How to Contact us
• For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Liz Dawson, owner operator of Lizzy’s Vintage Gems, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com